Monday, November 9, 2009

My First Blog Entry


OK, so I’m starting this blog in early November, late in the barefooting season. Nonetheless, with a passion for both dogs and barefooting, the barefoot dog woman seems an appropriate title for this new endeavor.

My little stray mutt named George is my trusting companion in all I do, including barefooting. I pull George’s pale blue sweater over his little mohawked head and together, we tread barefoot out the door to begin our day. This morning the two of us went out to the park At the edge of town and padded over the damp leaf carpet that lined the river’s bank. The thick covering of golden and magenta leaves on the ground cushioned our soles from the stray sticks that had poked and scratched in warmer months. It’s been unusually cold the past few weeks, so this sudden rise in temperature was a welcome to both of us.

George will be barefoot all through the winter; I’ve never tried those booties they sell in upscale doggie boutiques and don’t ever intend to. I think he would be appalled. I’ll make it through the first few snow falls, but when the ground is frozen solid and the snow comes up over my ankles, I’ll have to pull the boots out of boxes and pack my feet into them.

Nonetheless, this barefoot dog woman is ready to start blogging about the love of nature and my connection to it through the soles of my feet while experiencing the world with canine companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment