Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Too Cold to Walk at the River




George and I can not walk at the park these days because there is simply too much snow. The drive down to the river has not been plowed, so I don’t even dare to try to get there. Instead, we walk around cleared and fairly empty parking lots. It serves the need to get out and walk and offer George a regular opportunity to relieve himself, but other than that, it is not satisfactory at all. There is snow everywhere, so George is not able to find a tree or bush or any patch of ground to do his business. He runs back and forth and around in circles in a desperate attempt to find just the right place, but all the places are cold and white and much bigger than he is, so every day I can see his frustration. I walk with him a bit, so long as the brutal winds are not too painful on my cheeks, and our outings are very short.



No comments:

Post a Comment